At a time of record economic challenges, the people of the greater Atlanta area have been challenged more than ever. By donating to IMPACT!, you will be directly helping working families in your community avoid homelessness, repair their lives, and regain the stability they need to realize their potential.
Here's what we're facing as a community...
- Over sixty percent of the homeless population in Gwinnett County are children.
- The IMPACT! Group provides over 60 percent of the transitional shelter units used by homeless families in our community.
- Each foreclosed home costs approximately $22,000 to the surrounding community through lost tax revenue and decreased property values for their neighbors.
Here's how you can help...
- $50 pays for a criminal background check and drug screening, which is required of all new clients in The IMPACT! Group's Transitional Housing Program
- $125 pays for one week of child care for an average homeless family in Transitional Housing for a week
- $250 pays for a budgeting/financial counseling session to a homeless family OR 3 sessions with a life skills coach
- $375 provides food assistance for a homeless family for 1 month OR 3 mental health assessments (used to help IMPACT! case managers formulate the best plan of action for heads of households)
- $500 helps pay for case management to a homeless family for 1 month (case managers work with families to formulate action plans and monitor the families' progress)
- $1,000 pays for two families' utilities for a month
- $2,500 buys basic furniture and household supplies for 1 homeless family in our Transitional Housing Program which they can keep after completion of the program
*NOTE: 92% of the families who graduate our Transitional Housing Program remain self-sufficient and in stable housing a full year after leaving the program.