The IMPACT! Group respects your privacy, and seeks to protect your personal data. The following information will show you how we gather, use and protect your information. More details on how we use data in a particular program or service of The IMPACT! Group may be found in specific authorizations specific to that program or service.
We aim to ensure that the processing of personal data by or on behalf of The IMPACT! Group is fair and reasonable; and that your personal data is secure, accurate and up-to-date. Generally speaking, this means that each time we collect personal data, we tell you the purposes for which we use the data, and then ask for your consent to that usage. We only use your data for the purposes for which you consent. We also ask for your consent if we need to transfer your data to anyone else except in the instance of preventing harm to the life or well-being of others as prescribed by law.
Information The IMPACT! Group Collects and Why
The IMPACT! Group collects information about our customers with whom we deal in our day-to-day business.
This information includes telephone and direct contact, intake and registration. It is used primarily to determine eligibility for our programs and services; but may also be used to provide useful data that is collected for purposes of sharing data with other service providers and information services. Data may also be aggregated and used for purposes of future funding and feasibility studies. In cases of this nature, only general information that does not identify individuals is used. This data may also be used for feedback on The IMPACT! Group’s services and programs in our continued efforts to improve the quality of our services.
Where allowed by law, The IMPACT! Group may aggregate information about individuals we receive from other sources with the information we receive directly from those individuals. The information described above may be retained and used by The IMPACT! Group after an individual ceases to use our programs or services.
You have an opportunity to "opt-out" of disclosures of my nonpublic personal information to third parties (such as my creditors) that is, direct The IMPACT! Group not make those disclosure.
If you chose to 'opt-out', The IMPACT! Group will not be able to answer questions from my creditors. If at any time, I wish to change my decision with regard to my 'opt-out', I may call The IMPACT! Group at 678-808-4477 and do so.
Further Information / Marketing
If you agree, The IMPACT! Group may contact you by mail, e-blasts, telephone, or fax about services or special events which may interest you; and in some cases invite you to similar events. You have the right at any time to request that we remove your information from any mass marketing lists.
Release of Data to Third Parties
So long as I have not opted-out, The IMPACT! Group may disclose some or all of the information collected, as described to my creditors or third parties where they have determined that it would be helpful to me, would aid them in counseling me, or is a requirement of grant awards which make The IMPACT! Group's services possible.
The IMPACT! Group may also disclose any nonpublic personal information about me or former customers to anyone as permitted by law (e.g., if we are compelled to by legal process).
Within the organization, The IMPACT! Group restricts access to non-public personal information about me to those employees who need to know that information to provide services to me. The IMPACT! Group maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard my non-public personal information.
Credit Checks / Background Checks
The IMPACT! Group may conduct credit and/or background checks for purposes of determining whether an individual is eligible for some employment positions or for specific programs or services. In these circumstances, a signed authorization form is attained, which provides details of the use of the information being sought.
A “cookie” is a piece of software, which may be sent to your computer. Cookies allow us to collect information about how our website and services are being used and to manage them. If we send a cookie to your computer, it will not collect specific data about you; but only general usage patterns.
I understand the The IMPACT! Group provides one on one and group counseling, which I will receive a written action plan consisting of recommendations for handling my finances.
1. I understand the The IMPACT! Group receives Congressional funds through National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling (NFMC) program and other government programs. The IMPACT! Group is required to share some of my personal information with NFMC program administrators, their agents, and/or other government representatives for purposes of program monitoring, compliance and evaluation. I also give my permission for The IMPACT! Group to share information from my file with appropriate government agencies for the purpose of investigating mortgage fraud, violations of fair lending laws, or other government purposes.
2. I may be referred to other housing services of the organization or another agency or agencies with my consent that may be able to assist with particular concerns that have been identified. I understand that I am not obligated to use any of the services offered to me.
3. A counselor may answer questions and provide information, but not give legal advice. If I want legal advice, I will be referred for appropriate assistance.
4. I agree to release the HUD1 closing statement information (if applicable) and all other course information to home ownership counselors, associated agencies and other related parties.
5. The IMPACT! Group receives monetary and in-kind support for its Housing Program (and/or programs) from a variety of industry partners, these include: Brand Banking Company, Wells Fargo Foundation, Budget Your Dream Inc., Gwinnett County Community Development Program, Gwinnett Village Improvement District, The Lawrenceville Housing Authority, Department Community Affairs, The Georgia Financial Education Collaborative and Housing and Urban Development (HUD),
Although The IMPACT! Group provides information and education on numerous loan products and housing programs, including some that are offered by these institutions, I understand that the counseling I receive from The IMPACT! Group in no way obligates me to choose any of their products or housing programs.